Data Sciences Corporation has an opening for a Data Analytics & Data Optimisation Consultant position within the Business Development Team. The position will be based in Johannesburg and the candidate will report into the Business Development Director.
Attributes and Qualifications:
The main areas of responsibility will be the support and enablement of the sales team by focusing on architecting solutions based on the Data Analytics and Data Optimisation offerings within the Data Sciences product portfolio and solution sets..
The functions of this role are as follows:
- Sales Support – supports the sales team through engagement with customers as defined by the sales team. This may include, amongst others, the ability to provide documentation, research, proposals, competitive material, technical investigation and reporting, product and solution presentations.
- Sales Initiative – Uses initiative, product understanding and positioning to identify and communicate sales opportunities for sales team.
- Team Support – Interacts with and supports product-specific business development team based at the head office in order to disseminate product information both internally and externally.
- Innovation –provide innovative technical ideas on how to better market, package and design solutions using products within the portfolio to improve customer and market penetration.
- Thought Leadership – provide insight and thought leadership from a technical perspective with regards to storage trends, storage product portfolio and market scope.
- Event Support/Management – provide support and/or management to marketing team for events that Data Sciences participates in. This may include technical collateral, presentations, discussion groups, customer interaction etc.
- Launch Plan – Provide support and engage with various role players through various media for launches of new products, features, releases etc. when required.
- Product Roadmap – provide technical and business information and insight into product development and roadmaps both internally and externally.
- Technology Assessment – be able to utilise previous technical knowledge and experience along with analytical tools to assess existing customer environments and provide detailed technical reports with recommendations.
- Product Design & Configuration – be able to utilise previous technical knowledge and experience as well as analytical studies done to provide technical specifications and designs which can be used as part of pricing and proposals to customers.
- Strategic Technical Product Assessment – Assess and provide technical and business reports and feedback to management and team around new product investigation and adoption from a technical view. This will require integration with technical support, sales and business development team.
- Competitive Landscape – Analyse, communicate and discuss competitive stance and benefits against competitive products – at a technical level – within the same market space both internally and externally.
- Presentations & Demo’s – Provide internal and external presentations and demo’s of product capabilities and functions highlighting the benefits from a business and technical perspective. May also include involvement in proof-of-concept engagements with testing criteria development and technical customer engagement.
- “Special” Calls – provide the function of a “specialist advisor” alongside the account manager and business consultants for customer calls when required to educate and influence customers.
- Use Scenarios / Case Studies – provide written and verbal communication of use case scenario’s both locally and internationally for use within the sales process or for specific requests or requirements.
- Referrals & References – have a complete database of references that utilise portfolio technologies with and understanding and communication of the technical and business benefits of each internally and externally.
- Collateral – provide and maintain a knowledge base of sales related technical collateral to be used for internal and external requirements.
- Financial & Commercial Modelling – Develops an understanding of principle financial terminology and application for both internal and external use. This may require consolidation and analysis of pricing and finance models as applicable to sales opportunities and prospects.
This position demands a technically oriented, highly motivated individual with business and technical pre-sales capabilities specifically around the Data Analytics & Data Optimisation market and products, initiatives and trends along with written, verbal and presentation skills, communication ability and agility as well as relationship and organisational skills. The candidate:
- Must have fulltime use of a motor vehicle and be prepared to travel
- Work independently, be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Work well under pressure
- Be available to support and travel within all regions in which Data Sciences operates as discussed and agreed to.
- At least 5 years technical and systems architecture and product involvement experience is vital.
- At least 5 years technical architecture and product involvement experience in the business applications (SAP, Oracle, CRM, ERP, Data Warehousing), database (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, NoSQL), hardware support infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network) is vital.
- At least 5 years technical operational experience within a customer environment would be advantageous.
- Must have a deep technical understanding of technology and customer use case positioning.
- Must have demonstrated their ability in the defined requirements by reference to the achievement of defined goals in a previous position
- Must have presentation and negotiation experience to customers with any previous sales experience an advantage.
- Must be able to utilise tools, process and procedures to provide analytical studies and resultant configurations within customer environments.
- Must have been directly responsible for providing technical support information and documentation to support opportunities within the Sales and Business Development teams as well as interacting with customers.
Key Aspects – You will be expected to:
- Communicate within all aspects and with the participants of the Data Sciences teams
- Exude energy, be action oriented, enjoy working diligently and be relied on to achieve or exceed goals and work well under pressure
- Espouse an appropriate set of core values and beliefs and act consistently in line with those values
- Interface with all aspects of Data Sciences responsibility areas, especially related Sales and Support teams
Interested candidates should email a CV addressing all the requirements to (firstname.lastname@example.org) before close of business 15th April 2014, should they consider that they are suitable for the position.